Thursday, June 27, 2019

Stepped out for a smoke and was charged by the neighbors dogs.


Just happened this morning, I stepped outside to talk on the phone and have a smoke. Typically if I'm st home I don't worry too much about carrying but today I was. The neighbors two pitbulls ran outside from their front dog, the owner was outside in her front yard. I drew my pistol as soon as I saw them coming. So about 15 feet away. They both stopped about 2 feet away from me barking. So far the neighbor hasn't even noticed her dogs in my yard. She finally called them back when I started yelling at the dogs. Not sure if she saw my pistol or not my car was between me and her. Luckily I didn't have to shoot. A few things i learned this morning. 1, I will never step outside my house without my pistol again, 2 I was oddly calm and steady. My pistol has a laser on it and it was almost as steady as when I go to the range. I think it's kinda odd. 3 I learned that I'm not sure how I would handle the after effects with dealing with the police. I waited till the dogs were back in the house before I put the pistol away. Only a few seconds afterwords a sheriff drove past. Any tips or takeaways from this? Sorry for the wall of text. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2xqYrT7

No comments:

Post a Comment