Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Need advice for college campus in Memphis, TN.


Posting from a throwaway as my other account may be identifiable. I am a professional student in Memphis TN, and would like to get my CCW permit. I specifically point out Memphis, as it is a high-crime area. AFAIK, CC is illegal on campus for students, but may remain in vehicles, as they are private property. Our parking garage is gated, and decently secure (need to swipe an ID for the gate to open for both vehicles and pedestrians.) Does anyone have advice on:The legality of carrying to school, then securing the firearm in my vehicle?The practical aspects of moving the firearm from my person to somewhere in the vehicle?Any other considerations?I've attempted to research this, but haven't found much relevant to my specific situation. Any advice or direction to good resources is highly appreciated. Due to my future licensing requirements, I cannot risk any legal trouble, and want to follow the law as best I can while staying protected. Thanks in advance. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/31WNrdR

No comments:

Post a Comment