Friday, June 28, 2019

Belt-less Holster Recommendations


So I'm planning to carry a gun in the near future. Gonna obtain a CHL and coordinate with my dad and my local FFL to transfer his USP Compact to me as my carry gun (that way, I don't have to buy a brand new gun). Among all the other things I was looking up, one thing that I have several questions on is regarding holsters.​To explain, based on what I've read, I don't think I'd want a IWB or OWB belt holster. Replacing my wardrobe would be inconvenient. Putting it on seems inconvenient. Sitting down looks inconvenient, especially in a car. And going to the restroom sounds really inconvenient. And that's on top of the fact that outside of going to my office (which disallows firearms in the building), I don't wear belts. So I want a USP Compact holster that doesn't require a belt or is at least pants independent. I first looked at shoulder holsters, but people say that they're unsafe due to sweeping other people when you draw and your draw speed is also much slower. Next I looked at belly band holsters and they're what I'm leaning towards, but most belly band holsters seem to use soft holsters that require retention straps to hold in properly, which people also say is unsafe and slows draw speed compared to a proper Kydex holster. Now the perfect solution for me would be a belly band with a USP Compact Kydex insert. I looked at Crossbreed's Belly Band with the Kydex inserts, but they don't seem to have any molds for USP Compact. I also looked at Alien Gear's Sport Tuck Belly Band, which is apparently compatible with all their IWB holsters, including for USP Compact, which sounds perfect. However, they're pricey and I don't see much in the way of reviews or opinions on them, so I'm hesitant to jump in blindly.​So with all that, what should I get? Should I get the Sport Tuck Belly Band? Does Crossbreed's holster actually have a USP Compact mold and I'm just blind? Should I just use a belly band with a soft holster? Should I get something completely different? What should I do? Thanks. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2Ylh1Yr

No comments:

Post a Comment