Sunday, June 30, 2019

IWB vs OWB Carry Use Cases


I've been carrying a g26 for about two years now with the flush 10 round mag in an alien gear cloak tuck 3.0 at 4 o'clock and I pair that with a 15 round Glock 17 mag sideways at the 11 o'clock position (thanks Colorado mag limits).Recently moved to a bit of a sketchy neighborhood to say the least so I've been carrying more often and picked up a few holster options to try out from bravo concealment to give me options to carry in all conditions.With that said, I'm trying to figure out some use cases to determine which holsters I should keep and which to return before the 30 day test drive runs out.I have a OWB g17 holster with a tlr-1 hl for around the house and I figured I could also use that during winter months.I have the OWB and IWB holsters for my g26 and this is where I'm deciding if I should keep the OWB for this guy. The IWB seems very comfortable so far, much smaller footprint on my back than the alien gear, draws a bit weird without the forward can't I'm used to on the AG holster but I'm sure that's just a training issue. I originally got it because its kydex and summers are hot in Colorado so I didn't want a big neoprene thing on my back soaking up sweat. I ended up getting the OWB g26 holster to round it out, but I can't really think of a use cases for carrying a g26 OWB other than it's a bit more comfortable than anything IWB and with a loose t-shirt I can conceal the 26 OWB.Do you guys have any particular use cases, weather, or clothing where you prefer OWB instead of IWB on a compact gun? Trying to think through this and seems like I'm just trying to make excuses for myself to keep all 3 new holsters rather than just keeping what I will actually use and carry with lol.Thanks in advanced.Steven via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2XjnPte

No comments:

Post a Comment