Friday, June 28, 2019

Preferred preparations?

I hope this post doesn't seem too bland but I figured a nice simple prompt could make for some good discussion. Here are my preferences as far as weapons, blades, and martial arts go. Feel free to share yours and why you chose each one.

What

  • Martial art: Muay Thai
    Firearm: Glock 19 Gen 5
    Blade(s): Shivworks Clinch Pick + Push Dagger

Why

  • Knowing how to punch, dodge, and use knees+elbows is incredibly useful in a self-defense situation. I started training around five years ago but only went serious last February.
  • The ambidextrous slide release is useful since I'm a left-hand draw.
  • Both knives are easy to draw and deploy, even under pressure and in tight spaces.

Again, if this post is too bland then I apologize but I hope it makes for some productive dialogue. Thanks.



Submitted June 28, 2019 at 08:16AM by JakeRedditYesterday https://ift.tt/2YgpeNn

No comments:

Post a Comment