Sunday, June 30, 2019

Did not carry in Los Angeles


I decided not to carry today. I was going to a large event in Los Angeles today. This is an open door, outside event with lots and lots of people. Had this been anywhere else, I would carry. My CA CCW permit is valid statewide including LA, of course. However, this time it came down to statistics.Am I more likely to encounter the need to use my weapon or more likely to be faced with an over-aggressive LAPD cop who's uneducated on CCW laws? That department doesn't condone nor educate its officers on these matters, to the best of my knowledge and experience. The one unknown was what kind of security there would be at the event. I have in the past been surprised by metal detectors in unexpected places.I have a safe in the car but I'm not a fan of using that option.If you live around Los Angeles and have a CCW permit, I'd love to hear your feedback. Thanks! via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/303P9sr

No comments:

Post a Comment