Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Taurus G2C and Sig P365 side-by-side comparison


Title says it all. Went up to Centershot Gun Range this afternoon in Grand Rapids, MI. Fantastic people up there, well stocked store and a clean range. They let me rent both the G2C and the P365 at the same time. I knew that I wanted to start carrying now that I am 21, and had pretty much narrowed down my options to those two. They looked like what I wanted on paper, but I had to test them first. I bought 100 rounds of S&B 124 grain FMJ to go with them. At the end of the day, I found the Taurus to be superior (bring on the hate).First things first, the Sig was brand new out of the box. I watched the saleswoman who was helping me take it out of the plastic, and it was still covered in oil. With that being said, I’ll excuse the few failures-to-reload that it had. I had about 3 or 4 instances where the slide did not return to the fully closed forward position about halfway through a full magazine. The stuck rounds looked fine afterwards and were later fired without issue. Probably just needs some love and break-in. The exact G2C I shot had been rented out previously.The Taurus was obviously bigger (and to tell the truth, the Sig with the 10 round mag fit my small hands better) but man it felt almost identical in terms of how my palm gripped it. My supporting hand was able to wrap around much easier as well. When the Sig has the 12 round mag installed, their heights are identical. I held a G2S (single stack version) while I was there as well, but it really didn’t seem to be any slimmer. And 7 rounds compared to 12 is no contest.Triggers both had pros and cons. The Sig felt a bit “crunchy” (again, break-in?) but also the pull felt really long. The G2C has a lot of slack to take up, but it breaks surprisingly clean (and way far back in the trigger guard. Almost touching the rear!) The Sig had less slack, but more travel while the trigger was heavy. Not sure if that makes sense but that’s the best I can describe it.This video is thorough and is almost 100% accurate in describing my experience with both guns today. P365 vs G2C ComparisonFeel free to ask any questions in the comments! I didn’t want to write a lengthy post when the video says it better than I could. Also considered a S&W Shield 9mm Gen 1, which was around the same price as the Taurus now that the Gen 2 is out. Didn’t like the way it felt in my hand so I didn’t even bother shooting it. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/31QgbVH

No comments:

Post a Comment