Thursday, June 20, 2019

Double checking on the open carry laws in Tennessee and North Carolina


I'll be vacationing in TN next week where I plan on bringing my kayak to do some fishing. It would appear that TN's OC laws are that you have to have a valid CCW to OC in any scenario correct? I mainly wanted to confirm that there's no clause in there about "while hunting or fishing" being less restrictive as is with some states? I've been a lazy turd and keep not getting my KY CCW for one reason or another...So I guess my big question here is: In the eyes of TN law enforcement, would my kayak be deemed as a vehicle? Therefore allowing me to at least keep my pistol in the storage area of my kayak? I'm asking this in case some anti-gun nut happens to see me putting said pistol into it and makes a fuss about it.​​Next up I'll be swinging over into NC for a couple days and again, plan on doing some kayak fishing there too. It seems pretty cut and dry that NC is a pretty gun friendly state and OC has very few restrictions correct meaning I'll have no issues OC'ing while out on a lake? via /r/CCW http://bit.ly/2ZF568f

No comments:

Post a Comment