Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Self Defense in Europe


tl;dr Going to Europe. Besides situational awareness and my flashlight, is there anything else that one can legally protect themselves with?Hey everyone,So I know this is almost entirely a concealed firearm sub but Iwas hoping to get some input on other ways to defend one's self as well.So next week, a few buddies and Iare going to Europe. We will be in Paris, Amsterdam, and Copenhagen. I'm pretty sure taking my Sig with me would be frowned upon, so I have to figure out other ways to stay safe. Obviously number 1 is to be aware of my area and surroundings. I also carry a small Streamlight ProTac 1L-1AA that Ihave flown with many times. Another thing I was going to get was one of those concealable fanny packs to prevent pickpockets and things like that. Iknow rape whistles are kind of poked fun at, but should I grab a whistle or something? Or anything else you guys can think of? I'm almost positive pepper spray is illegal in most of Europe.We will also be staying at Air BnBs, which is another concern of mine. Not only would they not have security or anything like a hotel, someone else definitely has keys. I think a door brace would be too bring to take with me, is there anything else I should look into? A door wedge, alarm, etc?If there is a better place to post feel free to let me know, but I trust this sub and I know you all know more about defense than what kind of holster to buy. Thanks everyone! via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2w3bImW

No comments:

Post a Comment