Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Got asked this last weekend why I carry, Here is what I told him.


I moved to Aurora, CO shortly after getting married in July of 2012, already had been working in Denver Tech Center, so just moved closer to work. On July 19th, 2012 my coworkers and I were invited to an afternoon prescreening of Batman: Dark Night Rises. I had told some family and friends that I would be seeing the new Batman that day. Needless to say, my phone blew up that night. My wife and I's house is only about 2 miles from the theater, and we were awoken to the sounds of sirens screaming by on nearby main streets.Being in a theater not more than 8 hours before, and realizing I am now not only responsible for my safety, but my wife safety made me serious pursue getting a gun, getting training, and carrying that gun everywhere I go. I will never be in a situation where I have to shield my wife and hope for the best. No madman is going to take my life or my wife's life without me putting up a fight. Now almost 6 years later, I have more guns that I can count on both hands, Have more Firearms Training certs than I have wall space to hang, and have become a firearms instructor. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2K5H5PG

No comments:

Post a Comment