Monday, May 7, 2018

Glock 20 Holster Recommendation for Backpacking (hip strap compatible)


This topic has probably been beat to death, but I figure I'd check to see if any new information has surfaced.This summer I'll be carrying a Gen 4 Glock 20 while backing around the Rockies. I use a large backpack (Osprey ftw) with chest and hip straps. I am under 5'8" and less than 150lbs with a trim/athletic build (no belly, 29" waist). Typically I carry a J-frame in a StealthGear Ventcore IWB Appendix holster.As I see it, my current options for carry are a fanny-pack style case like Maxpedition or Mountain Man (?), a chest rig like the Kenai from GunfighterINC, or the Revolution OWB from StealthGear (which, it is claimed, is designed for hikers, backpackers, etc.). I would also consider another IWB Appendix Ventcore from StealthGear, it's just that the Glock 20 is so much larger/heavier than the J-frame I'm used to carrying (though it is a great holster).My biggest concern with any of the above (except for the Kenai, I suppose) is use of my backpacks's hip straps. I've carried a Glock 19 in a leather, OWB Galco holster, and it wasn't very comfortable with my pack's hip straps engaged.StealthGear customer service said the Revolution OWB was designed with outdoor activities in mind, but couldn't comment on it's use with hip straps. The Kenai seems great, but I'm worried about concealment and warm weather use.Can anybody comment on the above holsters, pack use, or recommend another option?P.S. The Ronin OWB paired with the Micro Aggression Panel (a drop-rig, of sorts) is another option. Anybody here using this?P.P.S. I came face to face with a bear last summer in a moderately busy trail in CO last summer. While terrifying, it was a good learning experience. Anybody that wants to argue that non-human threats need not be taken seriously and that finding the right innawoods setup is a frivolous endeavor needs to get out more. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2FRsyo8

No comments:

Post a Comment