Monday, June 19, 2017

Concealed carry past a 30.06 sign in a hotel in Texas...


I’m going to be staying in a hotel for a business trip in Austin. The last time I was here, I noted that here was a properly posted 30.06 sign on the lobby door and decided just to leave my gun in a lockbox in my personal vehicle. This time I will not be in my vehicle and I am not comfortable leaving it in the rental. I understand the judged by 12 vs carried by 6 sentiment, but honestly I’d rather not put any part of my job in jeopardy. Can I legally carry past the sign if I’m headed directly to my room or out of the hotel? I know the fine and misdemeanor are very low, but I’d rather not deal with any of it on a business trip. I’ve read through the laws for Texas, but haven’t seen anything specific about this. It makes more sense when the door to your room is exterior, but these are interior to the building. Also, I’ve already confirmed that the conference venue is concealed carry friendly.TL;DR: can I ignore a 30.06 sign in a hotel lobby if I’m headed directly to my room or leaving the hotel?And this seems to be the closest to what I’m asking.http://ift.tt/2rNj72l via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2ssHLap

No comments:

Post a Comment