Saturday, February 4, 2017

Training for speed: S&W Shield magazine hard to seat on closed slide. What method should I be practicing to seat the mag?


I find myself applying pressure on the bottom of the magazine with my thumb, and with my index finger I'm applying pressure on the top of the slide to get the stuff magazine to lock into the gun. This is a well used gun, so this isn't an issue of new springs. I'm guessing this isn't the fastest way to reload this gun in a closed slide situation but I haven't found another method that allows me to ensure the magazine is seated consistently every time.Let me know if anyone has any tactical (lol) advise or if you can point me to any op3rat0r YouTube videos. I am looking for theory on the best way to develop muscle memory for speed and consistency, considering the traditional " slam the magazine " in doesn't seem to be working for me every time.Full size handguns and rifles are a completely different story when it comes to reloading. I have no problem inserting and slapping a magazine in with my palm in one motion on these guns. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2l7Yrjn

No comments:

Post a Comment