Sunday, February 5, 2017

PSA: Inspect your gear


After every range session, I clean my gun. When cleaning it this time around, I noticed something a little different... My shield's striker block wasn't fully extending. It wouldn't block the striker from going forward unless the slide was in the upright position (not upsidedown as if you were cleaning it). This didn't appear normal so I digged a little deeper and removed the rear sight to find that the striker block spring was broken and a few coils were missing. I had the Apex kit installed by someone that came very well regarded so I doubt it was from that. I'm wondering if it's due to about 3000 rounds through the gun? Is that a high count even?If for some reason the sear block would have failed, I believe I could have been screwed. Now I have to make some phone calls to source a spring until I get a replacement from Apex. I can't find my OEM spring dammit.Is there another safety mechanism that would have saved my dick if the striker block fails (assuming the trigger isn't pulled)? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2jQ7AQD

No comments:

Post a Comment