Monday, February 6, 2017

High Noon + SIG P938 = no go


Just received my third High Noon holster, this one for a Sig P938. The other two were for a CZ75 P01, and a M&P Shield. All three holsters are the Closing Argument model.The CZ holster is hands down the best holster I have ever owned. It shows signs of several years of wear, but is just as solid and sturdy as it was the day I got it.The Shield holster is exactly the quality I expected from HNH, and is strongly reminiscent of the CZ holster when it first arrived.But the Sig holster... Will get you killed.Both of the other holsters firmly hold the weapon in place, as does the Sig holster. But unlike the Sig holster, both of the others will let you draw the weapon. The Sig holster, once it has your gun will refuse to let it go. Even with the tension screw completely removed, it is impossible to draw the weapon with one hand. Worse still, the slide is moved by the holster while inserting the gun- while not enough to cycle the rounds it still bothers me that it happens at all.I noticed some differences in the impression of the leather vs my p938 and sent HNH an email indicating as much. Specifically, one of the grip fasteners and the 938 numbering are in different places on mine and the thumb safety lever impression is at an angle impossible to replicate with the slide impression lined up with the slide.Unfortunately, HNH has dismissed these differences and claims my holster is in perfect shape, and further insisted that the photo I sent them of my Sig matches perfectly with the template gun they use.HNH does not do exchanges, they do returns with a 10% restocking fee + reorders only.Learn from my misfortune. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2kkPzZb

No comments:

Post a Comment