Monday, February 6, 2017

CCW and police officers


I'm from PA, last night had a encounter with state police while carrying. I was unaware the police were coming to my house, they came due to my step dad calling because his tenant had broken into our basement and stole some stuff. But besides that, I had my glock 43 in my pocket along with my CCW permit in my other pocket. Once I saw the officers pull up (unaware they were initially coming) I immediately notified both officers I had a pistol in my pocket with both hands at chest height keeping still not making any movements. They both immediately said hands on head to which I did, officer proceeded to take my pistol out of my pocket, get my license out of the other pocket, and pat me down. He secured the pistol in his car until he was done. Once they were done he disassembled my pistol to return it to me, and made the following comment:If you know the police are coming (I did not) you should not have a pistol on you, and you should especially never straight out say to a police officer that you have a pistol in your pocket.Which leads me to my question. What should I have properly done? He never mentioned proper etiquette. I figured notifying them I was carrying was proper, instead of them happening to see a figure of a gun which could have turned out much worse. I have had 1 other run in with a PA state trooper and she was very kind. I notified her of the presence of a pistol and she didn't secure it and just asked I keep my hands where she can always see them. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2lhXtkE

No comments:

Post a Comment