Wednesday, February 8, 2017

A friend of a friend committed a bad shoot and I can't get it out of my head while carrying.


Before I begin, I am in no way justifying what he did nor am I implying any of us would make the same call. I've thought the scenario over again and again.Each time I come away with the same thought; he made a bad shoot.I'm aware of this event for two reasons. One, my best friend was there when it happened and two, it made local news.My best friend, let's call him Jeremy, is roommates with Kyle. Kyle set up a meeting to sell his old Iphone and Jeremy went along.Upon arrival, the prospective buyer inspects the phone and proceeds to run away with it. Kyle yells at the thief to stop, he doesn't, and Kyle proceeds to draw and shoot the thief in the leg.Kyle, I assume, realizes he made the wrong move. Doesn't shoot again, the thief gets away (later is treated at the hospital), Kyle unloads his gun, places it in the trunk and proceeds to call the police.He tells them what happened and is charged, and still being held with massive bail, with Assault charges.Again, I think he fucked up. You don't shoot someone who isn't threatening you. The thief didn't assault him he just ran with the phone. You don't shoot someone over a used iPhone that's easily tracked.My problem is I keep thinking about it. I believe I wouldn't make the same decision but it's weighing on my mind.Does anyone else know someone who used their ccw irresponsibly? How did you reconcile it with your own decision to carry? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2lrlKoq

No comments:

Post a Comment