Wednesday, February 8, 2017

For the price, which is better: the Ruger LCP 2 or the Sig P238?


I'm researching .380s for my wife who has small hands and has trouble pulling back the slide on my 9mm. I've narrowed my search down to two pistols with very good reputations: the LCP 2 and the Sig P238. Clearly, the two are in different categories in terms of price. But does the price difference reflect a significant difference in quality? Something you trust your life with is something you shouldn't go cheap on. I'm planning on renting both at the range. But I wanted to ask the subreddit to weigh in as some of you may have put in enough range time or owned one or both long enough to have a lot more insight than I could get from firing at the range one time.Which do you prefer, especially if you have had occasion to fire both?If the Sig is better, is it "better enough" to justify the price gap between it and the LCP 2?Feel free to chime in if you think I've narrowed down to the wrong two guns in my search. The Bodyguard was high on my list as well until recently especially due to the price but I don't like long trigger pulls (which is why the LCP 2 as an improvement over the original caught my eye).Bonus straw poll to gauge the sub's pulse on .380s: http://ift.tt/2lr7En0 via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2lkKiCz

No comments:

Post a Comment