Saturday, December 10, 2016

PSA: If you have a gun safe that runs on a battery, check it regularly


I keep my Glock 17 in a SpeedVault SV 500 quick-access safe. I went to take it out this morning, and the keypad was totally dead. I was completely unable to access my firearm. It left me in a scramble to find the keys (which were on another floor).There was supposed to be a low-battery warning to indicate when it was time to replace the 9-volt battery. I never got any warning. I am beyond relieved that this didn't happen at a time when I needed my gun for home defense. Thank God this didn't happen during a home invasion.I'm going to reach out to GunVault to find out more about why this happened. In the meantime, I encourage everyone that uses a battery-operated safe to check and replace your batteries regularly. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2hglLfC

No comments:

Post a Comment