Monday, December 5, 2016

I did it! I convinced the owner to allow employee concealed carry. Need Advice.


For the past ten years I have been carrying a firearm at the office. Owner knows, HR knows, but the employee handbook explicitly prohibits firearms. It is consider a class 3 offense punishable by termination with cause. Not that I am nervous about being caught by other employees. I have been working with and known the owner for eighteen years. That being said. I requested a policy change via HR and owner has approved the program and policy change. Here is where I need help. I have been put in charge of developing the program in regards to documentation. With all my searching and reading posts, I haven’t found really anything as far as “My office allows concealed carry.” I mean if you not in the firearms industry of course.I was thinking about putting two documents together. One is the agreement between the employer and employee about compliance with certain rules. Such as a copy of the license on file and renewal date noted. Carrying on customer property and verbiage where the owner will need to approve and vet the person. Also, the owner has the right to revoke the approval at any time. The other document would be the release of liability wavier. Standard legal ease needed to protect the company from liability. This I think I can put together and submit it to legal.My question is does any owner of a business here have documents like that or a program in place with agreement similar to that? If anyone has any input on the agreement document. I would be grateful. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2g2J39b

No comments:

Post a Comment