Thursday, December 8, 2016

First time my hand has ever drifted towards my weapon


This happened a few months back in August but I thought I'd share and would LOVE to hear how you would have reacted or your own similar stories. Or even let me know what I could/should have done differently.I was pulling out of the back lot at work into an alleyway down town. Closed up the gate to the lot and got in my vehicle. This alley way is very narrow with room for only one vehicle (think those scenes in movies where someone is running from a car on foot down an alley way with no way to get out from in front of the car, its narrow!)I started down the alley and saw two individuals walking towards me, I slowed down and moved as far to my right as I could but they did not move from in front of my vehicle. One of them came to the front of my vehicle and put his hands on the hood and gave me the "sup?" nod, the other started moving around towards my side and actually made it to the window for a few seconds.This was the first time I've ever reached towards my weapon in a real world encounter.I don't know if they saw me or the individual at the front got nervous (I drive a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with an off road package so it is a little intimidating standing in front of it?) But the guy at the front moved off to the side and said something to his friend, at this point I jammed out of the situation and off I went, thankful for not having to finish that reach.Funny thing is, besides the obvious big two things: I might have been injured or killed OR someone else may have been injured or killed...which no one wants, my biggest thought after I got home was: "HOLY SHIT THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN LOUD AS HELL!"Thanks for letting me tell my story folks, take care and stay safe! via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2hdiECA

No comments:

Post a Comment