Saturday, December 10, 2016

CC class as first pistol experience?


I want to buy my first handgun within the next month or so. I think I've fired a firearm three times in my life, all of them rifles and the last time about 35 years ago. Surprisingly for a seemingly low-regulation and pro-2nd amendment state, there are no classes for over 100 miles except for CC classes and no range nearby except for a private club. (Somebody joked that the two local places to shoot are "from the front porch" and "from the back porch," but I'm not taking that literally.)I had thought that I needed to be introduced to firing a pistol before taking the CC class and even before shopping for a pistol, so I've found someone who probably is willing to spend about an hour with me one evening showing me the basics. However, from what I'm reading, it sounds like a fair number of people show up at CC classes with no more experience than I have (for better or for worse). Am I wrong in thinking that I must have a pre-class class? Or is it just a good idea but not mandatory? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2gyjrQ8

No comments:

Post a Comment