Sunday, December 4, 2016

Browning 1911 .380 Compact Version - any experience with this?


I am in a holding pattern waiting on my LTC here in the great state of Texas, and went to Bass Pro to try get my hands on some of the pistols I've read about so much online. In the process of doing so, I saw there that they have a Browning 1911 in .380 and a compact version with a 3.6" barrel (the original 1911 .380 has something like a 4.25 or 4.5 barrel). I don't have any experience with Browning. But the fit and finish seemed great, the slide operated very smoothly, it the thumb safety seemed more friendly to operate than some of the other compact or sub compact carry pistols I've looked at. I love the size as the grip was big enough to fit all my fingers, and it holds 8 rounds in the clip, but it's still got a very thing profile and the overall size I think would make it a great carry weapon. I had been thinking sig p238, but I'm going to try to find out somewhere I can shoot one of these, as the size agree with me more than does that of the sig. Price is 599 - identical to the 238 at BP. Do any of you have any experience with the Browning? It seems like a great little pistol, and online reviews (albeit for the "full size" 1911 .380 all seemed to positive). Thoughts? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2h7TsjW

No comments:

Post a Comment