Monday, July 5, 2021

Legal arguments against certain modifications on EDC firearms


** This discussion is specifically for firearms carried on your person **During my shooting exam in Texas my instructure keyed me in to the argument prosecutors use against defenders in court. That being a heavily modified firearm implies the defender was looking for a fight.I thought that sounded crazy but it didn't suprise me. I asked what he would modify and he said he would do OEM parts and a red dot. The example he gave was upgrading the P365 to the flat trigger found on the XL model and the reddot because it allows for quicker target acquisition to make him less likely to miss.I thought those were all fair points and beside the idea of effecting reliability it makes sense. Not that I think that some gucci glock carrier is looking for a fight but that a DA would make a dumb argument like that to confuse the 12 ppl they are trying to impress.I even saw someone today on Reddit infer that frangible 9mm rounds will get the book thrown at you because you chose a round to cause the most bodily harm.In ya'll exp what case law have you read or similar conversations you've had regarding this topic. I'm of the mind that a great lawyer and expert witness can dispel any of this nonsense but I think it's a great discussion to have! via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3hF6aDG

No comments:

Post a Comment