Thursday, August 13, 2020

Safariland ALS holster issues


Maybe this isn't the right place to post this since it's not really a CCW holster, but it says "concealment" on the box so yall will have to do.Anyway, yesterday I got a Safariland 6378 holster for my P10c with a TLR-1. The holster is designed for a G19, but I'd heard they were compatible and Garand Thumb has a video where he draws a P10c from a G19 6378 several times very smoothly so I figured it wouldn't be any trouble. When I received the holster my gun fit and the ALS engaged, but it was extremely tight, to the point where even with the tension screw entirely out it took two hands to draw. The manual warned the holster had a pretty long break in period and from what I found this tightness was normal, and some people advised the break in period could be shortened by putting a sock over the gun and leaving it overnight. I did this last night, and now that I've woken up the gun is slightly easier to draw but the ALS no longer engages when I reholster it! There's still the click sound it used to make when the ALS engages, but it sounds a lot more muffled than yesterday and I can draw the gun without touching the thumb break at all. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Was it just inexcusably stupid of me to put a sock over my gun? Can my holster be saved?I've already tried taking out and reinstalling the ALS and tightening the tension screw down as far as it will go and still let me holster the gun, with no results. There's no visible damage to the ALS, and no play or rattle with the gun holstered. I know safariland has a pretty liberal return policy but I'd rather fix this asap since it's the only light bearing holster I have and I'd like to be able to carry with the TLR. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2XZCmIJ

No comments:

Post a Comment