Thursday, August 27, 2020

Just had my eyes opened to the importance of carrying


I (36F) took up jiu jitsu a few weeks ago. Tonight, maybe my 8th class, we actually “rolled” (sparred/grappled/practiced) with more experienced partners. I was helpless! I was laying under these women, who might weigh more than me, but not significantly so, thinking how completely screwed (read: dead or raped) I would be if I’m ever attacked by anyone bigger or stronger than me. I took my CCW class last Saturday and will be getting my license in a couple weeks (application was already approved). I’m nervous about carrying, but tonight certainly helped remind me why people carry. And, of course, I’ll get better at jiu jitsu someday, but it won’t increase my odds of survival the way a firearm will. Just thought I’d share my moment of clarity with y’all! via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2Db5aac

No comments:

Post a Comment