Tuesday, May 5, 2020

How do you balance having your handgun in an easily accessible spot versus having kids?


Hey everyone. New dad here. Usually, I keep my hand gun pop in my nightstand drawer while I am sleeping. I have multiple safes and lockboxes for other firearms, but I like to have one I can access quickly in the event somebody breaks in in the middle of the night. However, I am trying to think ahead to what I will do as my son gets older. Of course, I wouldn’t want him reaching into my nightstand drawer and pulling out my Glock 19. I have a small safe I keep on top of my nightstand, but in the event of a break in, I would have to find the key and unlock it while it’s dark. If I use a fingerprint safe, I worry the fingerprint scanner could fail.I know I’m overthinking things, but am I missing an obvious solution here? I know of course that the right answer is to lock up my gun, but I’m just wondering if I am not considering an easy solution somewhereQuick edit: I carry from the moment I wake up until the moment I go to sleep. I am mostly concerned about a couple years down the line, when my son comes into our room in the middle of the night because he has a bad dream or something. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2yjC465

No comments:

Post a Comment