Friday, May 29, 2020

Car Crash/Engagement Decision


This just happened about 10 minutes ago. I was getting out of my car at work and saw a red pickup come screaming through the parking lot. It ran up into a side field and got caught up in the mud. The guy tried to turn out of it, but never let off the gas. He came barreling out of the mud and slammed into a parked van which in turn smashed into the RV we have parked here. I felt this surge of power flow through me (cause you know, adrenaline does that to you) and ran over to see how I could help. When I came around the corner the man was still in his truck and clearly suffering from a severe head wound. I don't believe the air bag deployed as I never saw one. There was a person from the business next door that was trying to get the man out of the truck. He was yelling at her incoherently and pushed revving the gas petal. I came over and told everyone to get back and get up on the stairs in case he decided to take off. While he was leaning on the steering wheel he was trying to reach over into the other seat for something. I had one hand on my firearm (my Springfield 911 9mm I carry in appendix) and the other ready to clear garmet and go. I then told someone to call 911 and let them know what the situation was. While trying to talk the guy down he threw the truck in reverse and backed away a few feet only to fall out of the open driver door. One of the people was a nurse and had a first aid kit in their truck and started aidding the now semi-consious man. Turns it it was a stick shift and the ball cap had come off and landed in the passenger seat, that's what he was reaching for. Cops and EMT showed up, took statements and took the guy that the hospital. I realized 2 very important things after all this happened. The 1st was that I need to start carrying a first aid/trauma kit in my car. I also need to carry either one of those emergency pocket wallets and/or a TQ. I need to take some medical class given that my medical training consists of CPR and the combat lifesaver classes at basic. The 2nd thing I realized is that after everything was over, I was shaking so bad I doubt I could of taken an accurate shot after those first few minutes. I've never had that type of experience with adrenaline outside of training. Just wanted to share my experience, sorry it's so long. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3ceV6bB

No comments:

Post a Comment