Tuesday, May 26, 2020

1911 - Condition 1 or 2?


Hoping to have my concealed carry permit soon and have been weighing my options. I'm attracted to the small 1911-style guns like the Kimber Micro 9, but unfortunately they are not double action and lack a grip safety.I'm conflicted about whether condition 1 or condition 2 would be the safest option to prevent a negligent discharge. Condition 1 means relying on the thumb safety, whereas condition 2 means a potentially longer time to fire (and speculation about the hammer getting caught or struck and causing a ND). Intuitively, it seems like keeping the hammer up is safer, but I keep hearing the opposite.With condition 1, is there any possible way that the hammer could drop if the thumb safety is engaged and the trigger is not pulled (I.E. enough pressure put on the back of the hammer/gun is dropped or struck)? How would you carry a 1911-style gun? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3erRLrj

No comments:

Post a Comment