Sunday, March 1, 2020

Rhode Island non resident application


I want to get my non resident CCW in RI but I have a few questions for those who have gone through the process.It says the notary must be the chief of police or town hall official. Does this mean that any notary is not acceptable and it must be from the chief or town hall official? I can't see how they would know the difference.The application needs a typed letter stating my reasoning for wanting the license. This seems like their way of denying whoever they want. What should I put in this letter?Is there a more favorable judge/town/municipality to submit the application to (I haven't fully looked into where the application is sent, in some sates it's to a specific town, in others its one facility for the whole state)?Is it worth even trying to get it, or is RI a state where I'd be wasting my time? I go to RI a few times a year and would like to carry while I'm there. Also, I have a cross country trip planned this summer, going through MN, which honors the RI non resident. If I could get RI I wouldn't need to apply for the MN non resident (which I believe is relatively straight forward), but if RI isn't worth the effort I'll just apply for the MN non resident. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2PEwoc2

No comments:

Post a Comment