Monday, March 2, 2020

One step closer to my CCL license


About all that is left is to take all the required documentation to my statewide police department. I know it could be worse, but it’s been bittersweet how much of a hassle this whole process has been.Starting with the conceal carry training course, the class took place last Saturday from 8 am to 5 pm, the lecture portion took up the most time. The lecture mainly covered the process of obtaining the conceal carry license, the different types of handguns and their components, common handgun malfunctions and the process for clearing the malfunction, and finally the laws and obligations.It was mostly common sense regarding the lecture, basically the message was to exercise common sense, and that there’s scenarios where playing hero and escalating the situation are ill advised. The test turned out to be a breeze as well, I ended up completing a 50 question exam in less than five minutes, without missing a single question.But the fun really began when we got to the live fire exercises, 100 rounds of ammunition were used in total, with the last 15 rounds being for qualification. This means everything prior to qual would simply be a fun shoot and for adjusting everyone’s shooting stance.The fun shoot had various scenarios, which included window shooting, a one round quick shoot from low ready, and a couple of hostage crisis scenarios. I did alright with the hostage crisis, I only hit the hostage once, but had a teste-shot on the “terrorist”.As for the qualification, the distance we’ve been using for the fun shoot closed from 25 to 20 yards.As much as I enjoyed the class, I can’t help but feel as though my state requires training certification it to dissuade persons who aren’t serious about the CCL permit process.Now, all that I have left to do is to pick up my new driver’s license (permanent address change), and to schedule an appointment with the state police for fingerprinting and to have a background check performed on me.It’s been a hassle, but little by little, the process is about to come to an end. I should be with a conceal carry permit in the next couple of weeks. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2PAXml1

No comments:

Post a Comment