Monday, March 23, 2020

How often do you guys dry fire? How long?


Just curious.A few years ago a guy told me to commit to dry firing for 30 days straight, and then go to the range. I shot a match at the end of the 30 days and WOW, what a difference. Ever since then I have believed in the power of dry fire.Nowadays I dry fire 4-7 days a week (nobody's perfect, haha) and for 10-20 minutes at a time. I usually focus on whatever the "low hanging fruit" is in my shooting at that moment. Reloads, draws, transitions, movement, and basic trigger presses. I find that if I go longer than 20 minutes I get "lazy" and start ingraining bad habits (like poor recoil control). And the negative effect is noticeable next time I go to the range. Therefore, I only dry fire as long as I can mentally focus on all the things I need to.I find that keeping the drills extremely simple (like reloading on a transition) seems to help more than complex drills (like El Pres).How often do you guys dry fire? How long? Do you have any favorite "bang for your buck" drills that make a big difference? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/39jLTNS

No comments:

Post a Comment