Monday, March 23, 2020

First aid/trauma kit advice?


Looking at picking up another kit, and deciding exactly how I want to put it together.Keeping a NAR MFAK in my vehicle glove box already.This kit won't be so much as daily as its going on my plate carrier for range trips (or god forbid legit bump in the night or worse situations)My question is the best way to begin a build out.Either just buying another MFak, or buying an empty carrier and filling myself, and if so, starting with a base of either their IPOK , their CORE kit, or their public access bleed kit and then topping it off with whatever individual items I need to add.Goal is to find the best blend of completeness and value. (Not "value" as in cheaping out. Just as in, every time these kits pop up, someone says "yeah, but this parts better than that part and I could build this cheaper just picking the items out myself") So, some of you savvy folks here, what did you keep, what did you take, how would you do your build out? To cover the basic questions:Yes, considering a CAT TQ mandatory, ofc.Use case, again is most likely - one day some one on a range day has a catastrophic "oh shit". Most dangerous but possible - Armed home invasion. (Would love to say that's far fetched, but in my city, citizen/ring/nightly news shows its not)Training,planned - a stop the bleed course soon, for skills maintenance/refreshAlready Received - Somewhat enhanced TCCC. ("enhanced" as in I hear a lot of people describe their course as a 2-3 day class, but ours was a full week, with a class size of 6 students, and our instructor was an active MARSOC/NSW corpsman with real world experience treating combat wounded on scene.) I feel trained and comfortable with pressure dressings, TQ, initial assessments. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/39fvKbU

No comments:

Post a Comment