Thursday, June 20, 2019

A concept non-carriers cannot wrap their head around


I was talking with a friend of mine who's neutral on guns as a political issue but doesnt see the purpose of concealed carry.I brought up a post I put on reddit a few days ago about when is the "right time to draw" a gun and in that post I said I wouldn't intervene in a stabbing in Walmart. I got a typical reddit troll responding to me saying I'm a pussy etc for not intervening and shooting the attacker stabbing a stranger and what not.At this point my friend says that's why he doesn't understand why I carry if I dont plan on using it to help someone etc.I basically just told him in plain terms that I carry to be a survivor, not a hero and that by injecting myself into that third party encounter I open myself up to all kinds of legal issues, even if it was a textbook example of a good shoot.I carry so I can make sure I make it home to my wife at night and part of that is also making sure I carry responsibly and dont go around snooping for trouble. I'm not a cop and I'm not a bodyguard.After a bit of a talk my friend came around to understanding and appreciating the insight. The reason for me posting this is to share an example of a productive convo with a friend of mine who's anti carry.It's our responsibility as CCWers to represent CCW and ourselves in a good light and have conversations with people that might not understand why we carry every day. via /r/CCW http://bit.ly/2x8h25W

No comments:

Post a Comment