Wednesday, May 1, 2019

CCW question for Florida drivers


I'm a driver in Florida and recently applied for my CCW. While waiting on it I've been looking for holster options available that work best, not only for CCW but also while sitting in my car. I've already picked up the Alien Gear Shapeshift 4.0 IWB and I like the 4 oclock position the best so far. It's very comfortable, secure, easy to conceal and access quickly. I also have a shoulder holster (kinda cheap as I just wanted to see if it was actually doable.. it COULD be if I need to but would definitely buy better quality), a concealment express kydex IWB and the cheap Sig OWB that came with my pistol.I've seen:The strap-type mounts for the drivers seat (I feel like these are less secure and might have retention issues?)The plate-type mounts for flat surfaces in the vehicle (Seem kinda bulky and hard to hide in a mid-size car)Shoulder holsters (Doable yes, but might be harder for me to hide? I'm not a giant)AIWB (Can be dangerous, yes, but I'm confident in my ability to NOT shoot my weiner off)IWB 4 oclock (which will 98% most likely be my normal carry position when not working/in vehicle) (Or maybe AIWB)My questions for all you CCW pros are:-What TYPE of holster would you reccomend for someone who spends 95% of their work shift in their vehicle (occasionally exiting for 1-3 minutes)?-Any specific brands I should look into? Or stay away from?Any and all links, stories, pictures of setups or pros v cons would be GREATLY appreciated.Keep in mind safety, concealment, ease of access, transitioning from holster mounts to carry etc. And also it's Florida. It's VERY hot here most of the year with high humidity. Also, it being for CCW, concealment is obviously pretty important lol. All without losing too much safety, ease of access, etc etc.In case it helps, I normally wear jean shorts and a tshirt of some kind most days (with the occasional button up and khakis) and I'll be carrying a Sig Sauer P320 Compact 9mm.Thank you for taking the time to read this and for any comments/tips/suggestions you provide. via /r/CCW http://bit.ly/2UTVvYi

No comments:

Post a Comment