Wednesday, May 29, 2019

How do you actually correct flinch


I’ve been shooting for years. Gotten a lot of trigger time. Dry-fire almost every night. Still have a flinch when it comes to shooting pistols. How do I get over the flinch?“Dryfire”: I do. And not just a couple trigger pulls every now and then. But like a solid half-hour of slow and deliberate trigger manipulation. Practicing fundamentals, practicing the reset, all that good and fundamental stuff.“More trigger time”: I shoot ~300 rounds a week. I doubt that’s it but hey, it might be. And that’s not mag dumps, it’s either a competition or practicing the fundamentals to try and get rid of my flinch.“Lock your wrists”: I do strong hand push and weak hand pull. Doesn’t help. Beyond that I apparently can’t lock my wrists because I have no idea what the shit that means. So that might be it.“Don’t shoot a subcompact” I shoot a 4” double stack 9mm mainly. It’s on the upper edge of being a compact.“Don’t be a bitch” I was born this way“Let the trigger pull surprise you” it does. Still flinch. It doesn’t, still flinch.Anybody have any ideas? via /r/CCW http://bit.ly/2EC6SPl

No comments:

Post a Comment