Sunday, May 26, 2019

New AIWB accessory? The “ledge”


I was thinking over my experience with the Tier 1 Axis Slim and realized that the only issue I’ve had so far was a little bit of movement in how the clips are sitting on my belt, which changes the amount of room between the grip and belt, making draws less consistent than I would like. I have also noticed this problem with my vedder light tuck to a lesser extent. The issue is most noticeable with small guns and very specific ride height needs. My P365 needs to be far enough below the belt to not flop over but also not too low to make drawing difficult, so when I have it adjusted to that perfect spot I need to be able to lock it in perfectly and have zero movement whatsoeverMy solution was to make a “ledge” or “shelf” on the top of the claw to anchor it to top edge of the belt so that it can’t slip down. I made it out of some scrap piece of thick metal wire that I bent into an L-shape and epoxied to the back side of the claw. But the problem is there was a lot of pressure being put on it throughout the day and it quickly broke off.What I would like to see is a holster company making claws that have built in “ledges” on the claws because I feel like it would be much stronger if it was molded out of the same piece of material as the claw itself. I think integrating this minor design change would be a great (and super easy) solution to the issue of single clip holsters moving around too much, and even helpful for holsters like the Tier 1 that have two clips but too much slop in the belt fitSome might see this as a pretty niche problem, but I think all AIWB holsters could benefit from it, with no compromise in the areas of cost, comfort, or concealability via /r/CCW http://bit.ly/2HTVHlQ

No comments:

Post a Comment