Friday, May 31, 2019

Sig P320 vs FN 509


I’m looking at getting my first CCW and have narrowed it down to the compact Sig P320 or the mid-size FN 509.I like the ergonomics and grip better with the 509. The trigger was close but felt slightly better on the P320 (although I tried a full-sized 509 and the mid-sized trigger is supposed to be better than the full size). I would likely upgrade to an Apex trigger regardless, which is ~$100 more for the 509. Size and weight are close enough to be the same for me. I like the grip modularity of the P320 in principal but likely won’t utilize it in practice, unless changing frame color for the all important style points.If I got the P320, I’d get it without the night sights to put my own on and would probably get it with a manual safety (I would carry with the safety off but I like it there for when newer shooters shoot my guns and I’m used to it from my 1911).TLDR: Mid-sized FN 509 or Sig P320 and why, disregarding market share popularity? via /r/CCW http://bit.ly/2QDHqOk

No comments:

Post a Comment