Friday, May 31, 2019

HOA wants to ban weapons at community pool. How to fight this, or should I?


I'm on my HOA board and we're revisng the community pool rules to address some recent issues. Unrelated to those issues, at least 1 board member wants to add a "no weapons" rule while we're at it as a "common sense" addition that "should have been there all along."In NC, a "the posting of a conspicuous notice" is all that is needed to ban concealed carry, and it carries the force of law. The posting of these proposed new rules would prohibit concealed carry at the pool, and "concealed means concealed" would carry the risk of legal consequences.I'm torn on what to do. On one hand, a no weapons rule would have no practical effect on me. Although I am a permit holder, I never carry to our community pool, as I won't swim with my weapon, and there's no practical way to safely and discretely remove/store a weapon while at the pool. On the other hand, just on principle, I'm also loath to roll over on this and relinquish my right to carry. However, I know that this will likely be a fight I will lose because the others on the board are not "gun people." Thus, I wonder if it's even worth the fight.Thoughts? via /r/CCW http://bit.ly/2EKSQe2

No comments:

Post a Comment