Tuesday, May 28, 2019

National Parks


I’m planning a road trip through Arizona, Utah, and Colorado and hope to carry in compliance with the law. Flying into AZ and driving back home. Stops at multiple National parks are planned and my CCW is honored by all states on my route. I’ve read up on state laws and federal regs re: national parks and have a few unanswered questions:1) National Parks parking lots - I understand lots adjacent to buildings are a no-go, but what about unloaded, disassembled, and locked in the trunk? What about campsites? I’d hate to show up to camp or hike, only to have nowhere practical to park.2) Shuttles - I’ve read that “shuttles and busses may prohibit,” but haven’t been able to find anything definitive. What’s your experience with this? Likely stops include Antelope Canyon, Zion, Bryce, Escalante, and Arches. Shuttles within and to/from the parks are on the table.Understanding that this is not an explicit solicitation of legal advice, I appreciate your input and would love to hear about any experiences you might’ve had. Thanks! via /r/CCW http://bit.ly/2Wbh3oV

No comments:

Post a Comment