Wednesday, January 2, 2019

What if I use a CCW holder’s firearm in self defense?


I’ve been thinking about this scenario recently and I’ve tried to search but can’t find anything with clear info.So I live in Iowa, I am 20 years old (too young to obtain nonprofessional ccw permit) but my girlfriend is 21 and has her ccw and carries daily. We both agree that I am more accuracy’s with handguns than her (much more practice). Another fact of consideration is she is pregnant and therefore (in our mind) has the primary job of protecting herself and the baby.My question is, if there was a situation in public such as an active shooter, would legal/other ramifications come into play if for instance, she gave me her pistol and went to hide and I ended up neutralizing the threat in self defense?Assuming the shooting is completely justified as self defense, could I/her get in trouble for me (with no ccw and being underage) using her pistol ? via /r/CCW http://bit.ly/2CLttbP

No comments:

Post a Comment