Monday, January 28, 2019

Concealed Carry on Horseback


This is a bit of an unusual question and I'm not sure if anyone has experience, but it's a thought that came up when I was considering which firearm to purchase for concealed carry use.I've been looking at the Glock 19 and the Glock 43, and have in the past been leaning towards the 19. It's a comfortable size for my hands (the 43 feels on the small side) and I believe I can reasonably conceal it on my person (only minor printing without using a fancy CCW holster, haven't purchased a proper holster since I don't have a gun). I also like that it's more of a general purpose gun, in that I can reasonably use it for general range and competition use without being so obviously hampered as with the 43.To give some background, I intend to carry AIWB because it's the best way for me to conceal with my body shape and preferred clothing styles. I've found that carrying anywhere around my hip tends to print fairly obviously since I'm significantly wider than I am thick (from front to back).That being said, I'm beginning to lean towards the 43 due to the increased comfort it would undoubtedly provide. This is for two reasons, really:I'm new to concealed carry (in the process of obtaining my permit) and feel that a more comfortable gun would make me more likely to carry consistentlyIn the course of my day and week I end up on horseback somewhat regularly, but also at times unpredictably (ex: had to return a steer today that wandered out from the pasture)While I'd prefer the extra capacity and grip size of the 19, the comfort thing is a concern since I'd like to carry consistently and also not have to remove the handgun every time I got on top of a horse unless I wanted it jabbing painfully into my body. If it's going to be something largely uncomfortable regardless of the handgun for horseback, then I figure I may as well just pick up the 19 unless there is a significant every day comfort difference between the two.TL;DRTwo questions:Has anyone carried AIWB on horseback, and do you have feedback for if this is feasible? If so, would a G19 be a problem while a G43 would not?Is there a significant comfort difference for EDC between a G19 and G43 that should sway someone new to carrying towards the single stack? via /r/CCW http://bit.ly/2DEqO3W

No comments:

Post a Comment