Saturday, January 26, 2019

Got yelled at while carrying today, but not like you think


Scene: Today is international asshole day in my city. It's the day where all the insta-realitytv-wannabes congregate and celebrate.I generally don't leave the house on this day, but I wanted a sandwich and didn't have the fixings. As always, 4 o'clock shield IWB.Off I went, ate a sandwich, and started to walk back to my car.As I'm walking up, I notice a car idling with its passenger side PAINFULLY close to my driver's side door. They're *really* crooked in their spot. Whatever. This is a normal sized parking lot and these are standard-size American sedans. Clearly some bad geometry has been executed, but this isn't rocket science. I'll squeeze through.As I'm maneuvring sideways through the itty-bitty crevasse, I hear a tiny, slight "thunk"...the very end of my non-extended shield mag had tapped the very edge of their passenger rear view mirror through my shirt.They roll their window down and holler, "Uuuh! Just take da whole window wif ya!"I respond while continuing to get in my car, "You parked awful close."Them, now full-on tantrum yelling, "IT'S A TIGHT SPOT!!!""Well, ya still did real bad with it. Learn to drive."I finish getting in my car, crank it up, pull out and get on with my day. They were still yelling when I pulled off.Analysis:1) Be aware of your firearm and when it may get in the way of unusual motions. Sometimes it will inevitably print or bump into someone or something.2) You are under absolutely no obligation to respond to, or even acknowledge idiots. If I wanted to be "by the book" I would've just let them talk shit and continued on. In particular, taunting them with a "learn to drive" could've lead to an escalation. I fully expect to get roasted by this sub for it, but I am sharing anyway. Carry on! via /r/CCW http://bit.ly/2WnKYq3

No comments:

Post a Comment