Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Experience with LTC for RealID application at DMV


Went to the CA DMV today to renew my license, for RealID. But of course, I purged my backpack and car of all the "junk" this weekend, and took out my Proof of Residency document that I was supposed to bring with me. I realized it after waiting 2.5hrs in line, and didn't have a single document that would have qualified in my backpack. Ran back to the car, looked through and couldn't find ANYTHING. Shit, car registration is under my business and doesn't have my home address on it. But in the bottom of my glove compartment, I found my folded up 8.5" x 11" LTC paper permit (with my address on it) that the Orange County Sheriffs Department gives you along with your card.My number gets finally called, and the very nice employee, tells me he can't accept it. He blindly gives me back all my paperwork and IDs, and hands me the RealID requirements flyer and says to me "You need to bring back anything under #3" which is the Proof of CA Residency. I tried to tell him this paper copy of my LTC was issued by the OCSD. He wouldn't hear me. There is NO WAY I'm coming back again, so I looked at #3, and pleaded my case and pointed to the flyer that this qualifies as "A document issued by a government agency (local, state, or federal)" and that I wanted to speak to his supervisor. I told both of them to call the OC Sheriffs Department to verify that this "paper" is something they issue. They can't just deny it because they haven't seen it before.After talking to the supervisor, they ran around with my paper permit for a good 10 minutes asking a bunch of people, and doesn't look like anyone's ever seen it before. Then one of the supervisors (or employee in middle of the pit) finally approved it! Thank goodness!! LTC Paper Copy to the rescue! Thank you OCSD for handing those out!Was I carrying? Concealed is concealed, so maybe I am carrying, maybe I am not. via /r/CCW http://bit.ly/2HBkIVY

No comments:

Post a Comment