Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Appendix Carry for a Beginner


So let me preface this by saying I'm only new to conceal carry. I just turned 21. I've been around guns my entire life and started shooting at a very young age. I understand the ins and outs of my firearm and I know all the basic fundamentals of good gun safety and etiquette. That being said, I'm torn between how I want to carry my firearm. It's an M&P shield. I'm currently 6'2" and ~240 ibs. I have a gut but it doesn't make carrying appendix uncomfortable for me. Im most attracted to AIWB because of the draw speed and concealablilty I get out of it. I've tried practice draws with a 5 o'clock position and just wasn't digging it. My holster is a Concealment Express Kydex holster which fully covers both the trigger guard and the manual safety (even though I don't prefer to use the safety) I understand the higher risk of a ND and the harm it could do to my body but all of the horror stories I've read all happen on the reholster of the gun. I don't tend to wear loose fitting or raggy clothing that could get cought inside the holster and around the trigger either.Tell me what you guys think. I'm always open to new ideas and tips. Thanks! via /r/CCW http://bit.ly/2ToUuqR

No comments:

Post a Comment