Thursday, January 24, 2019

Concealed carry position doesn't work anywhere on me.


Overweight guy here. I have the fat distribution on my body like a woman - large hips, butt, thighs, but a relatively normal upper half.Because of this, I wear my pants up high at my navel. I generally do not need a belt, as my waist is smaller than my hips.I have a compact RIA 1911.For a few reasons, I cannot shoulder carry. Most people here also strongly suggest against ankle carry.When I carry at anything between 3:00 and 6:00, I cannot sit down without the beavertail painfully digging into my side or back.When I carry at 12:00 to 2:00, I cannot lean over without the beavertail digging into my ribs. With it being icy outside, I can also see myself cracking a rib if I were to fall.If I try to tilt my holster, you can just replace the beavertail complaints with complaints about the grip.I do not know what to do, other than wear a holster outside of my pants, or stop being fat, or getting rid of my 1911.​ via /r/CCW http://bit.ly/2RKEjrv

No comments:

Post a Comment