Monday, January 28, 2019

Strange behavior with a Glock 19 (slam firing?)


I bought a gen 5 G19 that had < 100 rounds shot through it. The whole thing cost me $380 and came with the box and 3 mags. I've put about 400 rounds through it so far, but have noticed a problem when dry firing it.If you fire it and rack the slide without depressing the trigger, there's a chance that the trigger won't reset. I bought a G-Sight laser pointer for better dry-fire practice, and noticed that if this happens, the laser is set off. I've put 40 mags through it, as well as chambered it several times at home and have yet to have an actual slam-fire, but this is still something that concerns me.Is this normal? I've checked the firing ping block and it seems to work fine, although when disassembled, I noticed that I need to manually retract the firing pin before checking to see if the safety works. via /r/CCW https://www.reddit.com/r/CCW/comments/akl4dt/strange_behavior_with_a_glock_19_slam_firing/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments:

Post a Comment