Sunday, January 27, 2019

Recommendations for tall, slim man about to get first gun?


Hey y'all. I'm new to this scene. I grew up around guns, as my dad and his friends used to take me to the shooting range with them while I was growing up. Used to be pretty good, too, with pistols and long rifles. Anyway, I've never owned a gun before, and now that I'm a father that's going to change. It's amazing how a little one entering into your life can change your priorities!I recently went to a gun range with a friend of mine and his dad, who is a retired policeman. I had an opportunity to fire several weapons, of various calibers and sizes, and couldn't help but notice that I still got it, lol. The reason why I'm posting is to get some advice on what would be the best type of pistol, and more importantly, the best type of holster, for concealed carrying.I'm fairly slim. 6' 2" and 150 lbs. I pretty much only ever wear boot-cut jeans when I'm out in public, other than the occasional sweatpants outing or dress slacks affair. I wear slim-fitting shirts that are tapered for my frame, meaning I have wide shoulders but a slim torso, but I don't tuck them in. So, baggy or loose-fitting aren't exactly words I would use to describe my wardrobe. What are my options in terms of CCW that won't require me to change my look?From watching some YouTube channels it seems that abdomen carry gets a lot of recommendations for us skinny folk, as well as pocket carry. What pistols and holsters would be recommended for a guy like me? Thanks in advance. via /r/CCW http://bit.ly/2B8d4N5

No comments:

Post a Comment