Thursday, January 3, 2019

Sell me on a Non-Glock, compact CCW. Explanation in body.


Hi guys. So I'm a frequent Redditor under my first account, and just created this one for privacy reasons pertaining to this post. Over the run up to the holidays there was a large spike in property theft from houses, mainly packages left by delivery men before they were brought in. But also some home invasions at night by breaking into cars and using the garage openers to gain possible access. I quickly remedied the latter by getting a keychain opener and disposing of the factory one. But while home during a weekday my doorbell rang and I'd been expecting a few packages that day. Some presents, some gun stuff. But they weren't due till later in the day which spiked my curiosity and I went to check and opened the door a crack with my off hand and my other on my holstered G43. To my surprise I see a dude wearing a hoodie with his face concealed kind of backing away in surprise as he yells "oh shit!". I yelled "what the fuck" out of surprise and started to draw because his hands had started moving to his waistline. I slammed the door closed quickly locking the bolt while keeping my gun towards the door. I then was moving back and getting my phone out one handed to call police and just hold my position as the only occupant of the house. As I was dialing I hear him turn and run off. But I continue to inform police of the situation as i had no idea if he was alone or not. The police arrive and he had left obviously when i heard him run. In doing so he had thrown down a shitty small knife that they collected and being 'part of their investigation' my Glock. Because it was drawn in a residential area and needs to be cleared as having been done so lawfully. Not really worried about that part, but it could take a few days up to who knows how long to get my gun back, because government. Obviously I don't want to be spending a long time without a CCW, and I'm itching to buy a new/back-up carry anyway. Obviously I own the Glock, I'd like to expand. Not interested in Sig at the moment for obvious reasons. I know about the M&P's and, though I love you Ruger, I'm looking to spend a little more than what you're offering. H&K's are cool, Walther is generally well regarded. I'm not really into 1911's for carry so none of those variants. I love CZ but mostly just the steel bodied 75's which can be cumbersome. Not too familiar with revolvers yet so not an ideal immediate buy. Any options I'm overlooking or missing? Price isn't too big a concern, but ~$1000 is where I'd like to cut it. Looking in the 9mm caliber as well.Also, please, this is not intended to spark a debate on home defense tactics or procedures. I would rather not have to comment about my actions and what should/could have been handled better. That was all merely backstory to explain the need to purchase a new carry and what my parameters and experience level was. TIA. via /r/CCW http://bit.ly/2Atd0Y5

No comments:

Post a Comment