Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Really strange encounter


Im going to make this as short as I can but I am a college student and work at tractor supply on the weekends. A guy came in looking for a safe which lead to some conversation about firearms. He told me he was moving to the Philippines to buy a condo and get a girlfriend over there and my initial impression was that the guy was.... well, odd. He mentioned having to sell firearms so i jumped on the opportunity and we exchanged numbers, shook hands and he left. 30 minutes later he returns and asked if I would want to help him clean his garage out because he needed everything gone so I could take whatever I wanted ultimately. I show up with my brother because i'm going to a strangers house. We get there about 9 a.m. Monday morning and we start packing the vehicle full of stuff. Tools, tow bars, wet/dry vacs. You name it... we got it. I bet he gave me several thousand dollars worth of stuff.​​We take a load back home and I come back alone and start to go through the inside of the house. To make it short, I got a really strange feeling and for some reason human trafficking was the first thing that came to my mind. He had a divorce around this time last year and just moved into this house this past june. Zero pictures on the walls and had twin beds in every room. He ended up pulling out guns and he had some incredible firearms and he was selling them pretty cheap. They were all fully set up. Heres where it gets weird: we were talking about the Philippines and told me he was thinking about bumping his flight up and leaving Thursday. A few moments later he said " Hey i'm going to leave a key for you under the mat so you can come and go as you please this week and made it very apparent where he was putting it. We talked for a little longer and we agreed that he would go to a gun store to see what they would give him for his guns and he would give me a good discount off those prices and we'll go from there. He asked me if i would come back Tuesday or Wednesday and I gave him a time I was available (Today at 4 p.m.) and he scheduled it in his phone and which guns I wanted in particular. Before I left, he handed me several ammo cans full of 223 and 9mm. I left out some minor details and if you're interested ill post them at the very bottom but I have decided not to go back no matter how good of deals the guns are.​​Things I noticed: 1. He had all of these firearms and wasn't aware of the price on any of them which is a red flag. I know almost the exact value of every component in my guns. 2. He held one of the AR pistols and an AR and didn't look very natural with them in his hands. 3. Zero boxes for any of the guns. 4. I realize people collect ammo, but he had THOUSANDS of rounds. I'm not talking a few thousand rounds of 9mm. I'm talking thousands of .357, 44 magnum, 223, slugs, specialty shotgun rounds, etc. I was overwhelmed with it all. 5. He is extremely organized and makes reminders for everything and has always texted back within 30 seconds. I texted him yesterday to tell him i found some cash in his clothes and I was planning on bringing it by and he never texted my back. Out of the norm for him based on how what I know of him.Theres are lots of other things that I know i'm leaving out but this is the main thing. The guy could be legit and just weird but I feel like something is up. via /r/CCW http://bit.ly/2sGucVw

No comments:

Post a Comment